Did you have as much fun at IRCE Chicago 2016 as we did?
Whether you missed it this year – or are still trying to digest all the great insights – we hope our highlights help!
3 Themes We Heard Everywhere
- There is a growing realization that apps are not the only solution to invest and create positive mobile experiences for customers
- There is less focus on the commerce, but more on engagement via mobile a retailer can get through mobile (check out our notes from the Facebook session!)
- Common understanding that most offline transactions are touched by mobile (like we mention in our mobile infographic here <- learn how top leaders are already leveraging mobile for omni-channel customer experiences) and we love this mobile ebook from Retail Me Not here.
Customer Journey & Single View of The Customer
- Retailers' #1 priority this year is understanding the overall flow of life-cycle across customers
- The key strategy they are creating a base with? Understanding personas on the 1:1 customer level and using data patterns to create segments that power automated life-cycle marketing (AgilOne helps you get Single View of your omni-channel customers - learn how here)
Use of video to engage customers
- There was a whole session track dedicated to this!
- Thinking about how to best use video to engage your customers? If you are a subscriber to eMarketer, we think you'll enjoy these insights and stats! if not, Brand Networks has a great eBook on "The Rise of Video"
Our Favorite Session: Facebook
Speaker: Jeremy Lewis, Director of US Ecommerce, Facebook
Why we loved it: He mentioned this example twice - "Take your best jewelry customers or mom shoppers, build a lookalike audience, separate campaigns, and you will see higher return on your ad spend!" This strategy is much more effective - and AgilOne's clients like Blinds.com (their case-study and webinar here) and Peter Glenn are already leveraging this for success!
85% of Fortune 500 from 1955 aren’t around anymore - there used to be 75 year cycle, but now editors estimate that it is a mere 15 and will continue to shrink. The traditional marketing funnel is dead (RIP) - the new trend? Marketing is part science, part art! Top retailers start with the data.
Mobile is at the center of success:
- 1000 apps are submitted to iOS & Android stores everyday
- Online sales top store sales on Black Friday weekend
- 75% of traffic on that weekend came from mobile
- 45% of customer journeys include some mobile & customers prefer to consume content through video right now
- 92% of retail sales still happen in-store but people unlock mobile device 150 times a day (think "engagement!")
Top Question: How do you simplify your marketing strategy & becoming more sophisticated?
Answer: Do a/b tests! For one audience do one ad, for another, do sequencing. Measure the lift. Run this over 2-3 weeks. Best practice: Be very specific about what audience you are targeting and know how you plan to measure success going in!
What was your favorite session at IRCE? Will you be attending shop.org or eTail East this Summer? We will be hosting a booth there too! Subscribe to AgilOne's blog to stay in the loop :) and we hope to see you there!
*images are taken from the Facebook session slides at IRCE 2016