What’s the difference between a regular ol’ boring user conference and one that truly knocks your socks off and leaves you inspired? It comes down to three key things. And these are top of mind for me as we prepare for the AgilOne’s first annual Customer Data Platform Summit.
We have three goals for the summit:
- To facilitate stimulating, engaging dialogue among peers and thought leaders as in an interactive “unconference,” from which attendees will get genuine value.
- To provide useful and practical insights for marketing executives and practitioners, and for AgilOne customers and non-customers, on how to manage and activate customer data.
- To educate marketers about customer data platforms and how they are transforming the retail industry.
So how are we developing a successful event that achieves these goals? From a planning and preparation perspective, it comes down to three steps.
Step One: Attract Compelling Speakers
In many regards, the speakers ARE the conference. At AgilOne, we were able to attract some brilliant minds to share their perspectives and facilitate conversations at our event, including:
- Steve Miller, VP Marketing and Business Development, JOANN Stores
- Michelle Kelly, CEO, Lilly Pulitzer
- Carla Rummo, Head of Strategy and New Initiatives, Serena & Lily
- Omer Artun, CEO, AgilOne
- David Raab, Founder, Customer Data Platform Institute
- …plus more to be announced soon!
Step Two: Attract a Highly Engaged Audience
For a conference to be most effective, the audience should just as engaged as the speakers. Our conference is being designed so that the lines between “audience” and “participants” will be somewhat blurred, and everyone who attends will walk away having learned something valuable and made important connections. Here are some ways we’re developing the event’s program to achieve this goal.
- We are drawing attendees who are interested in attending Shop.org by providing a 50% discount to Shop.org for anyone who comes to our summit.
- Attendees will submit questions or concerns they would like covered ahead of time, and roundtable discussions will be built around these topics.
- Panels will include a variety of voices and will also invite the audience to share their perspectives.
- All sessions will include an audience discussion and Q&A.
- Everyone will be well fed throughout the day. Plus, there will be an opportunity network and socialize with a cocktail happy hour.
Step Three: Make the content fun and engaging
Compelling conferences are able to keep a balance of addressing complex topics, incorporating a variety of perspectives, diving into the weeds when necessary (but not so much that the content becomes irrelevant)—and keep it all educational and useful. Conferences that try to sell specific ideas (or products) lose the audience and do a disservice to everyone. So as we are developing the topics and content for the AgilOne conference, we are incorporating topics that our customers and other retail marketing leaders have told us are top of mind. Potential topics include:
- How a customer data platform (CDP) can help omni-channel retailers
- How to most effectively segment retail audiences
- How using a CDP and DMP together will drive advertising ROI
- How to activate data from stores and unify with digital and mobile data
- …and more topics to be defined
If you’re interested in attending, register here and we’ll get you the 50% off discount code for Shop.org. Here are the logistics of our event:
What: AgilOne Customer Data Platform Summit
Who Should Attend: Marketing executives and practitioners
Where: Los Angeles Convention Center; LA, California
When: Monday, September 25th; 11:30 AM PT – 5:00 PM PT
Why: To learn from, discuss with, and enjoy the company of marketing leaders in an intimate setting, before the frenzy of Shop.org begins the following day
Learn more about our partner:
Shop.org is the annual ecommmerce conference for digital retail thinkers and doers! It's a new immersive experience that blends insightful and actionable educational content, an easily navigable EXPO floor full of futuristic tech solutions and engaging new ways to expand your network.